Thursday, August 09, 2012

Illustration Friday: Bounce






















This is an illustration for Illustration Friday's theme: "bounce." You might wonder what a hermit crab with a castle attached to it has to do with this weeks theme. To me the word bounce brought to mind the fact that I move from place to place very frequently. This can be a good and bad thing. My many homes have brought many opportunities, but as I grow older, I find that I long to settle down a little. Sometimes I wish I was a snail or a hermit crab- a creature who can carry their home with them wherever they go!
  
     As I write this, I am stuck at an airport. I was "bounced," from my flight due to bad weather and must wait out the storm. Given ample time, I drew this little drawing while waiting at the gate.
Stormy weather in DC.

Finally made it to Kentucky to visit with family.



Get your Illustration on! Find out more and participate @ illustrationfriday.com
http://illustrationfriday.com/

1 comment:

Greg said...

I had to look twice at that airport drawing. It looked like a photograph done with creative lighting options!