Thursday, May 31, 2012

Marvelous May

Whew! I can't believe May is over! It was a super crazy, magical, mystifying, musical, marvelous month!

First off I had a great time at the Warwick Art Museum's Opening reception for the "Tell Me a Story," exhibit. My super duper Illustrator friends Adam and Courtney came to say hi, as well as an amazing co-worker who will someday dazzle us all with her illustration skills (HINT HINT LINDA!! :-P )

Adam enjoys the artwork!




Blurry people enjoying the super illustrations



Below is one the illustrations I created for the show, inspired by watching too many Jane Austin films.








































Also I got a chance to see singer/songwriter Andrew Bird concert.  This was my second time seeing him preform live, and I got to say, HE IS AMAZING. If you don't know him, check out his music HERE At the concert I snagged  limited edition gig poster for the show by the BRILLIANT Aaron Horkey: 


Can't wait to frame this baby!



































































A LITTLE INSPIRATION:

Opening for Andrew was Patrick Watson, who is also a great performer. I realized later that his song, "To Build a Home," is featured in this beautiful youtube clip "The Most Astounding Fact," in which Astrophysicist Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson was asked by a reader of TIME magazine, "What is the most astounding fact you can share with us about the Universe?" This is his answer:



 I think I have watched this clip at least a hundred times. It just amazes me and makes me feel small and grateful at the same time.


COMIN' UP IN JUNE: 

Next month I'm wrapping up school and getting ready for the ICON7 conference. Super excited (and very very nervous he he!)

Here's to May, and hoping your May was Marvelous as well!


-Bonnie

No comments: