Sunday, January 22, 2012

Overdue Update!

Wow! No posts since October! That's pretty bad. Ever since getting a facebook page for my illustration side of life, I admit that I have neglected this poor blog!

Here are a few things that have happened since last fall:

Bonnie Branson Illustration gets a facebook page!

Updated very regularly! Not only updates on my art but also interesting links and things in the illustration and art world.
  Be sure to head over there and click "like" (please? :-P  )
























Also, due to a class I am taking, I had to get a twitter account. Boy, have I fought that. "I will NEVER tweet!" said I. But sure enough now I am on twitter I can't stop checking it out everyday. I have made a lot of great connections with other artists and illustrators. I can see why it is so popular

You can visit me on twitter HERE



I am going to ICON 7 this year (website HERE) It's a great Illustration conference and this year it's in Providence so not too far away!




Above are posters for the conference, Illustration by Chris Buzeli, lettering by Jessica Hische





In preperation for the conference I noted that I needed to revamp my portfolio so I am challenging myself to complete one illustration a week.

Last week I picked up a sketch, called "Butterflies," I made 10 years ago (whew) but thought it should be completed.

Here is the original sketch:







Final:








































This weeks Illustration has Chinese New Year in mind. Currently I am working out the rough color stage and into a final peice. I hope to have this done my mid week:


YEAR OF THE DRAGON (color sketches)


























Last month I created a postcard for a co-workers babyshower
(her baby's room is a jungle theme)

























What about the story of Miss Strauss and her moving house?
I am continuing to develop the story and book layout.

To help out, I decided to join the "Second Annual Kidlitart #PBDummy Challenge"





What is it?
A 25-week-long online group challenge to create and submit a picture book dummy.

Start date: January 9, 2012

End date: July 1, 2012

More info HERE

I will be submitting my Molly Strauss story. Right now the schedule is on developing the transcript and polishing the story. Next will be Character design.

So far I have two main characters:
Molly (early sketch)
 


And, of course, Molly's fabulous house:





















Ok that's good for now! I hope to keep better updated now that YEAR OF THE DRAGON is upon us. SOUNDS LIKE A YEAR FOR THINGS TO BE DONE :)

1 comment:

KATIA WISH said...

Molly is really really nicely painted. I like the fact that you leave some information out, some edges are hard, some soft. Looks good!